The top candidates chosen by the faculty will be invited to present their abstracts in the presence of their peers and the established, international judges either as an oral presentation or in a poster session.
Rheumatologists established in the paths of research, clinical practice and the pharmaceutical industry will lead an afternoon roundtable discussion to explore career opportunities and challenges within the field of rheumatology to contribute to more informed career decision-making choices.
The symposium will close with an awards banquet to present travel stipends of $250-$1000 to those candidates whose efforts have been considered by the faculty to have exceptional promise.
Why attend NYRIF: Fellows' Poster Session>
Calling all rheumatology fellows and residents! We invite you to submit your clinical and research-based abstracts, as well as intriguing cases, for the NYRIF special West poster session. This is an exceptional opportunity to showcase your skills and expertise in your respective fields. Join the esteemed faculty for a fellows’ poster session featuring faculty rounding on September 6, 2023.
Additionally, your abstract, if accepted, will be published in an abstract program book, available online and on the phone app, potentially reaching a global audience. Previous events have garnered significant media coverage, elevating the impact of the research presented. Connect with renowned rheumatologists, researchers, and fellows from around the world at CCR-West, where you can attend free of charge. Don’t miss out on this unique chance to make a lasting impression and contribute to the advancement of rheumatology.
Submit your abstracts during conference registration and secure your spot in this exciting event. For individuals whose posters are accepted for the Fellows’ Poster Session, complimentary registration to the CCR event will be granted. Moreover, eligible participants will have the opportunity to apply for travel stipends, along with a limited allocation of discounted rooms. NYRIF cases are welcome to submit to Thieves’ Market.
The Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina in San Diego offers modern accommodations with striking views of San Diego Bay. Located near the Convention Center and San Diego Zoo, the hotel features airy rooms with city or bay views. Near-by alternate lodging is also available. Check our website at ccrheumatology.com for details.
Other accommodations are available, the Congress of Clinical Rheumatology (West) website for accommodation details.
We’ve brought together leading professionals from across the nation and the Atlantic to serve as judges.
Frank Behrens, M.D.
Leonard Calabrese, DO
Alan Epstein, M.D.
Kenneth C. Kalunian, M.D.
Stephen Lindsey, M.D.
Jeffrey A. Sparks, M.D., MMSc
“Outstanding program for fellows and junior faculty!” “Unique experience and best conference been to in last 5 years! Great faculty and approachable faculty. A conference where you learn, have interaction with colleagues and learn real rheumatology!” “The opportunity to interact with top researchers and international all-star faculty members in a very relaxed setting is truly unique to NYRIF and CCR. I plan to see you both at future meetings.”
Goals and Objectives
The North American Young Rheumatology Investigator Forum was established to furnish clinical and research fellows in the field of rheumatology an informal, mentoring environment to present, discuss and have their original clinical or basic the research evaluated by an established, international panel of rheumatologists in the presence of their peers. NYRIF also advances attendees’ career decision-making the process by providing relevant and accurate information on the opportunities and challenges in the field of rheumatology so that attendees will be able to more appropriately evaluate their career choices and execute more informed career decisions. In addition, the unique environment fosters the development of valuable long-lasting networking connections.
At the conclusion of this forum the attendee should be able to:
- Employ enhanced professional oral and written communication skills for use in designing research projects and in composing and presenting abstracts and case presentations.
- Exchange ideas and knowledge with world-renowned rheumatologists as well as with peers to establish methods for interacting more effectively in the coordination of patient care.
- Establish networking channels with peers and extramural expert faculty investigators for future collaborative research, consultative advice, and career path assistance.
- Analyze current research activities within the basic science and clinical research areas of rheumatology to recognize exceptional original research achievement.
- Evaluate career descriptions, challenges and available opportunities in the field of rheumatology.
- Compare and contrast diverse careers throughout the discipline of rheumatology.
- Compose research presentations, incorporate idea exchange and effectively integrate mentored feedback.
- Validate the principles of life-long learning and continuing medical education.
- Utilize invaluable new networking channels for the promotion of research, communicating in the field of rheumatology, and assistance with future job opportunities.
- Develop a more informed, individualized, decision-making career path.
If you’re looking for help, please reach out with any questions. You can contact our program director directly at email@example.com