Rheumatology fellows and junior faculty from across the U.S. and Canada are invited to submit abstracts of their original basic or clinical research findings or unusual clinical cases.
- Fellows-in-training at an ACGME-accredited rheumatology training program in the U.S. or Canadian (RCPSC) accredited rheumatology program
- Junior faculty members associated with an ACGME-accredited rheumatology training program in the U.S. or Canadian (RCPSC) accredited rheumatology program
- Interns and residents-in-training in an accredited program within the US and Canada who have an M.D., DO, MBBS, or PhD degree; a special interest in rheumatology; and a relevant submission
- Unusual, fascinating clinical cases
- Partial or completed clinical trials
- Scientific observations, partial or fully tested scientific or clinical hypotheses
- Encore abstracts may be submitted
Identification must include
- A brief title that is clearly descriptive of the study should be highlighted in bold.
- The main author’s name should be highlighted in bold and underlined.
- Current institutional affiliations; city and state should not be included in the abstract itself
- All contact information including address, telephone number, fax number, cell number, pager and E-mail address
- Submitting author classification (Fellow or Junior Faculty and whether clinical or basic research)
- Disclosure of whether the research was funded or supported in any way by commercial interests (e.g., pharmaceutical grants)
- Sans serif font (such as Arial, Helvetica or Times New Roman) is preferred with no font size smaller than 11 point
- Include the purpose of the study, methods used (if appropriate), summary of results and the conclusions reached.
- The text body should be limited to 2,800 characters excluding title, author’s name or affiliation, disclosure and spaces.
- Graphs, charts, and images may be uploaded and submitted without character penalty.
- All abstracts and the participant’s curriculum vitae should be submitted electronically online at http://nyrif.com/online-submission/.
- If you are unable to access the online submission site, then the abstract and CV may be E-mailed as Microsoft Word Version 6.0 or higher “doc” or “docx” files to: email@example.com.
- If you are unable to E-mail your submission, you may fax a copy of your abstract and CV to: (205) 991-6161.
- The deadline for receipt of submissions is midnight March 13, 2020.
- All abstracts will be judged by the experienced faculty judging panel.
- Abstracts previously presented at other meetings will not be excluded.
- The judging panel will choose the fourteen most exceptional abstracts for oral presentations at NYRIF. The top ten individuals will receive stipends of $1000 each for travel and meeting expenses. The remaining four will receive stipends of $500 each. The top fourteen abstracts may be chosen to be presented as both an oral and a poster presentation.
- The next eleven abstracts to be determined by the judging panel to be highly meritorious will be permitted to present a poster presentation and will receive a stipend of $500 for travel and meeting expenses.
- Five remaining abstracts may be chosen by the judges as meritorious and will also be permitted to present a poster in the poster session and will receive a $250 stipend towards their travel and meeting expenses.
- Notification of abstract acceptance for oral or poster sessions as well as category of travel stipend award will be made by E-mail by April 16, 2020.
- All judge’s decisions are final
- Semifinalists will receive a certificate of recognition and accomplishment with their travel stipend at the Award’s Banquet Wednesday night, May 13, 2020.
- The overall top abstract in the combined clinical and basic research categories as well as the top poster presentation will be awarded certificates recognizing scientific achievement and exceptional promise.
- All travel stipends will be awarded to the participants at an Award’s Banquet Wednesday night, May 13, 2020 at which time $1000/recipient travel stipends will be awarded to the ten top finalists, $500/recipient travel stipends to the next fifteen semifinalists and $250/recipient travel stipends for the remaining five semifinalists.